isn’t that what they all say?
It really was an honor to be nominated… and I am not just saying that, because I am an incredible actor. I mean it.
I was nominated for a Liebster Award. When I first learned of the nomination I was real skeered. My first award nomination ended badly, with Guru Annie and myself agreeing on the TIE for 6th funniest blogger on the planet. When I put on my big girl panties, to read what a Liebster was, I was less concerned. It is more like a chain letter from bloggers, keep in mind if YOU DON’T DO what I tell you, all hellfire and brimstone could come to your doorstep and ask you to adopt a cat. #justsaying
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Random Facts about Sadie Wilson:
- I have had 3 children I carried to term, and never one labor pain.
- I married the love of my life, the 3rd time he asked me.
- I am the most selfish person I have ever met.
- In the last 5 years my shoe size has changed from an 11 to an 8.5
- I worry constantly. I worry that I worry too much.
- 5 years ago I never drank alcohol.
- I want to go someplace new, but I am afraid to travel.
- I know about the oxford comma, but rarely use it.
- I used to want to marry Rick Astley.
- I find beauty in people’s flaws; it is my favorite thing to hear about someone. I also equate people owning their flaws and sharing it with me as I sign of trust.
- Usually when I get this far into writing a blog, I have to pee.
1. Where do you do your writing?
I love writing in my kitchen, but I took over a spare bedroom in my house to “write” in. It keeps the grown children from getting too comfortable in my home as they now have to share a bedroom. Two birds, one stone spare bedroom and all.
2. Do you have aspirations for a book, or just dicking around?
I used to have aspirations of a book, but turns out, I am just dicking around. I am pretty sure I have self-diagnosed ADHD, and books can be l-o-n-g man. I don’t know that I could hold my own interest that long. How could I expect someone else to read that drivel.
3. What do you think non-bloggers, family members and friends think about blogging?
My parents and siblings think I am crazy, and teetering on the verge on lesbianism. My mother also fears my emails/blog posts will be infiltrated by the Taliban and someone will kidnap me and take me away and hold me ransom.
My BFF used to think I was kinda cool, 6th funniest blogger on the planet and all. She mostly finds me lame now, since I haven’t written in so long.
4. Do you think Facebook can also hinder blogging, as well as help spread your name
YES! When someone you “know” likes your blog, but then you realize they are super churchy, and you’re all “I went out with my surrogate gay husband, and we gave impromptu oral sex presentation to a hobbit at the local bar.” Well, you reconsider actually putting that information out into the WWW; because the churchy people and the Taliban are tracking that information, just like my mom.
5. Do you like sandwiches?
Actually, yes; I enjoy sandwiches very much. I cannot admit to that, because one night during family dinner my young children were telling me the origin of the name sandwich, and I thought it sounded too stupid to be true. So I chose not to believe, even when I was proven wrong by the internet, and children, and spouse with Master’s degree. But because I chose not to believe them every time we have soup and sandwich night, I make a calzone. A calzone is really is just a sandwich, without the ongoing family discussion where mom is always wrong.
6. How are you different from those in your peer group?
I don’t have peers, just the pressure. People want me to either: start smoking/or stop smoking, go drinking/stop drinking, join abstinence club/start my own brothel…. OY VEY!
You can stop at anytime Sadie.
The people I hang with for fun are wonderful spirits, arty, free thinkers (and way too young for me to be hanging out with). I am pretty well connected with weird thinkers now, people that make me stand on my desk and shout, “Oh Captain, My Captain” just like Dead Poets Society, constantly encouraging me to challenge my own thinking.
7. Are you on Twitter and actually using it?
8. Do you read a lot of other blogs, or just use yours as a means for your own thoughts?
I try so very hard to read other blogs, but there are so many of them. Then I see the shiny objects in their writing and forget to write my own, or vice versa. When I write, I can’t concentrate on the others, so I don’t accidentally steal their ideas. I plagiarized Guru Annie my first year, and I totally thought it was my own original thought and LOL’d as I typed it. SHEER BRILLIANCE I thought. Totally stolen.
9. If you could be a fruit, which one would you choose and why?
Fruit Fly, because I do adore my surrogate gay husband.
10. Do you think these awards are sometimes too long and time-consuming?
Yes, and they make me feel too much pressure. My first year I was nominated in a real contest where people had to go vote for you and such, it crippled me I couldn’t write, I didn’t win, and it totally undermined my confidence. I have never paid attention again.
11. How do you think these arbitrary numbers, like 11 are chosen?
I think someone had too much time, and not enough wine.
12. Did you know I was a rebel?
Onion Girl, everyone knows you are a rebel.
11 random questions for you, my fellow bloggers:
- How many times have you asked some to look at a lump on an appendage of yours and asked them to help diagnose you? Was the lump what you thought it was?
- Are you more Willy Wonka or more Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
- Where does your OCD shine most?
- Tell me one great success story you overcame, right before you were about to give up. You know, like Rudy.
- Boxers, briefs or pantaloons?
- What is the nugget of truth, you can give me, to help me on a journey to success?
- Are you a writer or a story teller?
- What was your greatest success in changing your environment?
- Do you see a doctor within 48 hours of getting sick?
- How do you deal with pee on the seat?
- Name one character you would like to portray on screen/stage?
My picks for the award
1. Anyone with less than 200 followes who is ACTUALLY READING THIS. (YES!! That means you, you just won!! HUZAH, sit down and write something will ya?)
2. The Real Yetisaurus, my first true semi-lesbian entcounter, #fail.
3. Brigitte’s Banter, she talks to me, and she is truly paid to write.
3. The Musings of Munch, he posts pics of shoes and real pretty boys. #justsaying.
4. Audra at Unfettered, not only because she loves me, encourages me, and talks to me, but she writes haiku, almost everyday.
5. Annieology, the girl that got me started towards this new me.
6. The Cubicle Views, because he cracks me up.
7. Confessions of a Tumbleweed, she is from WYOMING you know.
8. My Cyber House Rules, is the bravest woman I never met.
9. Eldon Sarte, Braintropolis… he liked me write away (see what I did there?)
10. Eric at Sinistral Scribblings, ’cause he used to be part of my group and needs our encouragement man.
11. Kelly @ Naked Girl in a Dress… mostly, she is dressed. But works real hard to get writers out there.
12. Kimberly, @ Rubber Chicken Madness, because she is always real… and was the first person to accept me on Studio 30
13. Jester Queen, who still talks to me, and is wiling to collaborate.
…’cause really, it IS STILL all about me.